- Invite 6-10 friends over for an afternoon or evening of DIY fun.
- In the spirit of time and simplicity, pick 3-5 beauty products you would like to make & head to the shop to pick up the all the necessary ingredients. Shopping in bulk is great because you can bring your own bags or containers and cut back on packaging waste. Everything in the spirit of green!
- Ask each guest to bring a few small glass jars or reusable containers to take home their goodie bag of homemade beauty treats.
- Play your favorite tunes, steep some tea & set out a few snacks, like Que Pasa's Twist of Lime Tortilla Chips and Mexicana Salsa.
- Organize the ingredients for each product in little stations around your kitchen or living area.
- Embrace the chaos - get ready for an afternoon of mess making & hands-on fun!
- Don’t forget to inform your guests of your motivation and inspiration for making homemade cosmetics. Open up the conversation to other ways of “going green”. A few great reasons for the popularity of homemade body care products is controlling the quality of what goes on and ultimately into our bodies, creativity and saving money. Stocking homemade beauty products also limits and reduces the amount of plastics and packaging associated with buying these products new.
- Good for you and environmentally conscious - win-win!
- Now that we've covered some of the basics, here are some of my favorite recipes for homemade toothpaste, body butter, and body scrub:
ToothpastePick your flavor & get ready for a fresh, bright smile without any nasty additives.
Body ButterOnly two ingredients and you'll be on your way to silky soft skin that smells DELICIOUS!
Brown Sugar Citrus Body ScrubA gentle exfoliant that is moisturizing and oh-so-sweet. Here's how to make it:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 8-10 drops orange oil
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut oil and orange oil together. Add brown sugar and mix well. Fill your favorite mason jar, secure the lid & store for up to 6 months.
How do you plan on setting (and achieving!) your intentions this year?