Turkey Footprint with Fall LeavesWhat you need:
- Construction paper (brown or cream, red and orange)
- White paper
- Trace your child’s foot on the brown or white construction paper and cut out.
- Glue the leaves to the white paper in a half moon shape.
- Glue the footprint to the center of the leaves.
- Draw some eyes, attach an orange triangle beak and a red wattle to the footprint.
- With older children use a metallic marker to decorate the leaves.
- Or have the kids write something they are thankful for on the paper. It would make a really cute gratitude turkey.
- Try using some wiggly eyes rather than drawing them or try repurposing other craft materials to decorate the turkey!
For younger children, collect a variety of types and colors of leaves to add some dimension to the ‘feathers’. They might like to see these displayed on the wall or as a festive table decoration during the feast.
This is such a simple craft for kids of many ages to do, and encourages a little bit of outdoor exploration! What a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Would you like to be the first to hear about our new products and more? Sign up for our Nature’s Path Newsletter.