1. Walk through a corn maze.This is such a fun way to explore and catch a bit of a thrill. If you’ve never been in a corn maze before, it’s a giant puzzle with multiple paths weaving through a corn field. Huddle close and problem solve as a family while you search for the exit!
2. Go apple picking.Hit up your local orchard or farm with pick-your-own apples. Take them home and bake an apple pie or make some fresh applesauce. Your house will smell like fall in no time.
3. Go on a hayride.Many local orchards and farms will also have a wagon or tractor to ride on. From here, you can catch a view of the ins and outs of a working farm, and explore areas that you might not otherwise be able to by foot.
4. Attend a fall festivalThis is the perfect place to celebrate all things autumn. From games, music and seasonal food, your family will find something to keep them entertained!
5. Go pumpkin picking.Do your kids like tall, skinny pumpkins or short, round ones? Grab your favorites and carve them up! Don’t forget to save the seeds and roast them for a tasty treat.
6. Collect fallen leaves.There are so many crafty things you can do with fall leaves from making homemade luminaries to making leaf animals. Not feeling crafty? Grab a bag and collect a few to compare, and admire, the beautiful colors.
7. Go camping.Pitch a tent, roast up some s’mores and tell spooky stories by the campfire. Fall is the perfect time to try an overnight camping adventure with the family.
8. Head out on a fall scavenger hunt.Write a list of items (acorns, pinecones, etc) on a brown paper lunch sack. This makes the perfect place to store all of those fall treasures that you find on a family hike.
9. Play a backyard football game.For a family-friendly game, try flag-football or two-hand touch. Breathe in the crisp air and have a little friendly competition.
10. Make a bonfire.Grab your folding chairs, blankets, and snacks and impress your kids with your fire-making skills.
11. Jump in a pile of leaves.This one’s not just for kids. Parents, get in there too. You’re never too old for playing in the leaves! However you choose to spend your fall as a family, work in some time outdoors. Feel the crisp air, enjoy the beautiful colors of the trees, and soak up just a bit more sun.
Would you like to be the first to hear about our new products and more? Sign up for our Nature’s Path Newsletter.