1. Alex's Lemonade StandThis charity raises money to fight childhood cancer. Children can hold their own lemonade stand events in their neighborhood, raising money for a great cause. The charity gives information and support for doing this here.
2. Make a WishThis foundation grants the wishes of kids fighting life-threatening illnesses. From meeting stars to trips to Disney World, they are making dreams come true and providing happiness during tough times.
3. St. JudeKids can raise money and donate to help find a cure for and treat children with cancer. What a worthy cause to work toward as a child!
4. Ronald McDonald House CharitiesThe RMHC provides housing for families with children in the hospital, so that siblings and parents can all be close to one another. Donating here helps give families a comfortable place to stay during a difficult time.
5. Habitat for HumanityThis is a charity where kids can become directly involved by giving back and volunteering time and effort. Kids learn valuable life lessons while helping provide shelter to those in need around the world.
6. Share Our StrengthThis organization aims to end childhood hunger. Aside from just sending a monetary donation, they provide efforts where kids can give back by sending holiday cards with proceeds going toward the cause or supporting a big night out, a culinary event that helps kids in the community.
7. Wildlife Conservation SocietyFor your little nature lovers, a donation to this organization can help save spectacular and imperiled wildlife. We all know how important it is to teach our kids about taking care of the earth and all its inhabitants - help them see how they can give back as well.
8. KaboomKaboom ensures that children all over are given the opportunity to play. In building playgrounds, ice skating rinks and more, they are bringing play to many communities without the resources to do so themselves. “Children are missing out on the childhood they deserve. Play is disappearing at home, at school and in communities, particularly for the 16 million children living in poverty.” - Kaboom.com
9. Doctors Without BordersDonating here helps provide medical care to those all over the world in need. Kids that raise money and donate here are helping directly impact other children in need.
10. Big Brothers Big SistersVolunteering here gives families the opportunity to greatly impact the lives of other children around them. A fulfilling opportunity that empowers everyone involved. From donating money, volunteering time, or through various efforts, there are many ways that kids can become involved and give back. In researching and learning about a charity and then raising or saving money for a cause, children can make a difference and gain an immense sense of pride. This heart-warming process allows them to feel like they matter, they can help, and their efforts are important. How can you and your kids give back this holiday season?
Would you like to be the first to hear about our new products and more? Sign up for our Nature’s Path Newsletter.