2. "Westlandia"By Paul Fleischman and Kevin Hawkes Hello imagination! Wesley finds a new civilization during his summer and discovers a new way of living that intrigues even the mean kids. This book is recommended for ages 4 to 9.
3. "Just a Dream"By Chris Van Allsburg Walter is a boy who scoffs at a neighbor delighting in a new tree, and that may be the least of his misdeeds. His outlook changes after he has a dream (or is it a dream?) about the ways in which humans are hurting the planet. This book is recommended for children in grades 2 to 5.
4. "On Meadowview Street"By Henry Cole This book features a female protagonist. Caroline is a girl who shows that even small efforts can lead to big differences for one living thing and that a little chaos can be fun. The book is geared toward ages 4 to 8.
There are many incredible books for kids about animals and nature. There are so many to choose from, that we decided to add five bonus books:
- "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss
- "The Watcher: Jane Goodall's Life with the Chimps" by Jeanette Winter
- "And Then It's Spring" by Julia Fogliano and Erin E. Steads
- "Farewell To Shady Glade" by Bill Peet
- "Not Your Typical Book About The Environment" by Elin Kelsey
Would you like to be the first to hear about our new products and more? Sign up for our Nature’s Path Newsletter.