Tips for a Successful Trip to the Market
1. Go EarlyEnsure you have the best pick of market goodies. Produce often sells out near the end of the day. The other side of the coin: you can sometimes score sweet deals just before the markets close as farmers would rather sell their local produce fresh rather than cart it back to the farm.
2. Bring Reusable BagsFarms often do not supply bags and you’ll be helping the planet by bringing your own.
3. Bring Cash & Small BillsWhile some of the bigger markets accept credit cards, most work on a cash only basis.
4. Do a Quick Lap Upon ArrivalSurvey each stall and mentally take note of who has the juiciest looking strawberries and the ripest tomatoes.
5. Purchase Your Heaviest Items LastWho wants to lug a 5lb bag of carrots around the market all morning?
6. Ask Questions!Learn about the foods you are buying and the best ways to prepare them. Feeling ready to take on your local farmer's market this weekend? Use your farmer's market finds and throw a vegetarian BBQ or make a delicious chef-crafted farm-to-table meal!
Would you like to be the first to hear about our new products and more? Sign up for our Nature’s Path Newsletter.